When it comes to finding the perfect home in Mumbai, one of the biggest decisions you’ll have to make is whether to look for a property in South Mumbai or the suburbs. Both areas have their advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to carefully consider your options before making a decision. In this blog, we’ll compare South Mumbai and the suburbs to help you determine which area is best for you.
South Mumbai is known for its luxurious high-rise buildings, scenic sea views, and historical landmarks. Considered as one of the most expensive areas in Mumbai, buying a property in South Mumbai is a dream for many. A 1 bhk flat can cost you between Rs. 1.67 – 2.53 Cr and a 2 BHK flat in South Mumbai can cost you anywhere from ₹ 3.6 Cr to as high as up to 30 Cr. However, South Mumbai is also home to some of the city’s best restaurants, cafes, and cultural attractions, making it an ideal location for those who enjoy a vibrant city life.
Advantages of South Mumbai:
- Prime location: South Mumbai is located in the heart of the city, making it an ideal location for those who need to commute to work or school. It is also close to many of Mumbai’s top cultural attractions, such as the Gateway of India, the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, and Marine Drive.
- High-end amenities: South Mumbai is known for its luxurious high-rise buildings, many of which offer world-class amenities such as swimming pools, gyms, and concierge services. If you’re looking for a high-end lifestyle, South Mumbai may be the perfect place for you.
- Scenic views: Many properties in South Mumbai offer stunning views of the Arabian Sea, making it an ideal location for those who enjoy scenic vistas.
Disadvantages of South Mumbai:
- High cost of living: South Mumbai is one of the most expensive areas in Mumbai, with property prices averaging around Rs. 80,000 per square foot for a 2 BHK flat. The cost of living in the area is also high, with many restaurants, shops, and services catering to a wealthy clientele.
- Limited space: South Mumbai is a densely populated area, and finding spacious 2 BHK flats can be a challenge. If you’re looking for more space, you may need to consider properties in the suburbs.
The suburbs of Mumbai are located outside of the city center and offer a more relaxed, suburban lifestyle. They are known for their green spaces, family-friendly neighborhoods, and affordable housing options. Property prices in the suburbs average around Rs. 20,000 per square foot for a 2 BHK flat, making it a more affordable option for many buyers.
Advantages of suburbs:
- Affordability: One of the biggest advantages of the suburbs is their affordability. Property prices in the suburbs are significantly lower than in South Mumbai, making it a more accessible option for many buyers.
- Spacious properties: The suburbs offer more space than South Mumbai, with many properties offering large 2 BHK flats with ample living space and outdoor areas.
- Family-friendly neighborhoods: The suburbs are known for their family-friendly neighborhoods, with many schools, parks, and community centers catering to families with children.
Disadvantages of suburbs:
- Longer commute times: Commuting to the city center from the suburbs can be a challenge, with longer commute times and heavier traffic during peak hours.
- Limited amenities: While the suburbs offer a more relaxed lifestyle, they may not have the same level of high-end amenities as South Mumbai.
Whether you choose South Mumbai or the suburbs depends on your lifestyle preferences, budget, and priorities. If you’re looking for a high-end lifestyle with easy access to cultural attractions, South Mumbai may be the perfect location for you. However, if you’re looking for affordability, spacious properties, and family-friendly neighborhoods, the suburbs.